- simplcut is an extension of the simpl model designed to work with a cutoff and a physical Comptonization kernel. The Comptonization setting is based on nthcomp. The model parameters are given below.
- 1. Gamma (spectral index)
- 2. fsc (scattered fraction)
- 3. ReflFrac (Reflection Fraction. Negative values omit the transmitted portion and return just the scattered spectrum.)
- 4. Energy Turnover (Exponential cutoff Ecut when negative, kTe from nthcomp when positive)
- simplcut can be compiled expeditiously using “xspec – go” from the command line in the installation directory. Note that like simpl before it, one should use “energies” when using simplcut. (I.e., “energies 0.001 1000. 1000 log”.) A tarball of the package is provided below.